Design Process Exam
Please Spend the rest of your classes making sure that all your work is on your site. Now is also the time to re-vamp themes and images on your site. Ensure that all links work and that your home page is easy to navigate and fabulously designed.
Website Design (form and function)
Limited Colours- stick with neutrals and let your original work add the color
Avoid large images in background
Use consistent fonts and sizes throughout the entire site
All images appearing on site should be related to design
For top points all images should be original- this includes patterns and designs present on pages
All images that are not original must be credited to the original designer
Titles should be evident
Easy to navigate-all links work
*For Top points on your website all images used should be original (either patterns and designs created in Photoshop or images of your own work.
At minimum you must include the following along with artist statements:
Design Fundamentals Unit
Principles of Design Photoshop
Principles of Design Sketchbook Page
Creative Color Wheel
Communication Design Unit
Expressive Typography Photo Assignment
Back to the Future Project
Untranslatable Words Photoshop or Sketchbook Assignment
Product Design Unit
Fused Glass Project
You can also include any Photoshop Challenges or process photos.
Using full sentences, paragraphs, and proper grammar address the following for each piece of artwork.
1. What the assignment was. Explain.
2. Materials and tools you used.
3. How you came up with your idea (if applicable)
4. Challenges you had with the design.
5. What you are most proud of with the design.
6. What would you do different or improve on if you could do it again.
When you are finished and your website looks fantastic please do the following questions on a Google Doc and submit it to the Google Classroom along with a link to your website.
1. Please list your favorite project in each unit and your favorite project overall. Explain Why. What was your least favorite project/assignment and why?
2. How has your view of the importance of good design in the world changed since the beginning of the course?
3. Has your awareness of good/bad design in the world increased? Give an example or two.